If you’re a wine lover and likes to enjoy it with your food, then you should have collection of different brands of wines at home. And also you need the best wine cooler to protect wine bottles from temperature and light conditions that will make wine bad. We know it is really a tedious process to buy the right type of Wine cellar in 2018 with so many on the market and a lot of models look pretty similar. We have picked up great wine chiller with latest reviews which meet all your expectations with out compromise.
This is the ultimate Buyers guide to choose Top rated wine coolers in 2018. Read wine fridge reviews by real users with video below. Click here to read about the best under counter wine cooler, if you are planning to buy them.
Best wine cooler brands
Check the table below in which we have listed different wine fridge brands by comparing features of each one.
|18 Bottle||20 x 13.6 x 25.4 inches||33.1 pounds|
|18 Bottle||13.5 x 20 x 25.4 inches||32 pounds|
|18 Bottle||20.2 x 9.9 x 37.5 inches||36 pounds|
|12 Bottle||20.2 x 10 x 25.2 inches||27 pounds|
We spent countless hours for searching number of models of different brands for reviews, ratings and price to pick cheap wine cooler with very good specifications.
Before writing this guide we have tested number of models, compared features and specs and finally by considering consumer ratings and opinion. After reading our article, you no need to look other websites to find the best wine cellar, as we covered all aspects in the point customer needs.
We make this process of selection of top rated wine refrigerator simpler by writing complete guide with full technical specifications.
With this guide you can buy right wine cooler quickly, so that you can more time for enjoying a perfect glass with minimal time on shopping.
- 1 Best wine cooler brands
- 2 Wine refrigerator reviews
- 3 Cheap wine coolers
- 4 Why do you need best wine fridge?
- 5 How to choose the right Wine Refrigerator in 2018?
- 5.1 What type of wine you drink?
- 5.2 1. Single-zone or Dual-zone wine cooler
- 5.3 Do you have habit of drinking on a regular basis (Ardent drinker)?
- 5.4 2. Larger or smaller cooler?
- 5.5 3.Your environmental conditions and protective features:
- 5.6 4. Do you have Budget limitations?
- 5.7 5. Space for installation:
- 5.8 6.What type of cooling technology required?
- 5.9 7. Reviews and Warranty:
- 6 Where to buy top rated wine refrigerators?
Which is the best wine chiller to buy?
There are number of wine chiller brands in the market like Avanti, Edgestar, Danby, Nutrichef, Ivation, Wine Enthusiast, Magic chef, Koldfront, Whynter, Igloo etc.
Do you want to know how to load bottles in wine cellar? click here to watch this video.
How to Properly Store Wine with a Freestanding Wine Cooler
Wine refrigerator reviews
Read real customer experience and reviews of wine cooler below. If you are interested to read detailed post of Marvel wine cooler reviews then click former link. Click here to read edgestar wine cooler reviews here.
NutriChef -The best thermoelectric wine cooler
- All settings can be adjusted by digital touch button display panel without opening the refrigerator door and chilled air will not escape from cooler.
- It is designed as free Standing type with Cooling Unit which is perfectly suitable for Home or Office and the best rated wine coolers among others.
- This is made from stainless steel which protects from rusting.It has special room for standing bottles in the cooling compartment.
- It can hold eighteen wine bottles and it is called as 18 bottle wine refrigerator.
Some Special features:
- This beverage fridge will keep both red and white wine cool by maintaining required temperature for both types of wine.
- LED lights provide illumination when you open cooler door, other impressive features include built circulation fan and ventilation grill.
- It has air tight seal glass door which keeps perfect chilled air remains inside wine cellar.
- This nutrichef wine chiller is the worth buying thermoelectric wine cooler which ensures efficient wine storage at the ideal temperature .
- It is very much quiet during its operation and perfectly suitable for home and office. Even you can take rest near by it.
- NutriChef PKTEWC12 Wine Chiller is covered under one year warranty with wine cabinet.
- This wine fridge has internal volume of 35 Liters and temperature range can be maintained between 50 to 64° Fahrenheit.
- Its housing strongly made up of Thermoplastic ABS material, just 33.1 pounds weight with dimensions: 20 x 13.6 x 25.4 inches and wine fridge cabinet size also will be enough for storing beverage bottles.
Some customers expressed it is holding 18 bottle perfectly and it is compact, looks great and fits in a corner of a room.
Some users mentioned about amazing feature that is its temperature is easy to set from touch screen and keeps wine in perfectly chilled condition for longer duration.
During its operation truly whisper quiet and cooled down to lower temperature of 52F in about an hour on a very warm summer day.
Some users after trying two different brands felt this wine cellar is the right choice.
One point to note with this model is space between shelves is little narrow, due to this you have to spend some time for adjusting wine bottles in both wine compartments.
This brand wine cellar price is reasonable, easy to install and works perfectly. It is the top rated wine fridge and highly recommended for people who looking for good quality with affordable price.
Ivation -The Best wine cellar in 2018
- Like nutrichef wine fridge, it also had digital temperature LCD display with Touch controls and efficient thermoelectric cooling .
- It will maintain consistent temperature for red and white wines while preserving wine quality with rich taste.
- This free standing innovative cheap wine refrigerator which can store both red and white wines, so that one can enjoy real flavor of wine.
- This is the great wine cooler which protects the quality and taste of your wines longer time and it can be used for short time wine storage also.
- Its temperature can be adjusted between 12 to18 degrees Celsius which is the ideal temperature for wines ageing to takes place.
- This Ivation IV-FWCT181B is great freestanding wine cooler among other brands.
- It was surrounded by insulation made of CFC-free polyurethane foam which protects from chilled air missing from wine cellar.
This unit had dimensions of 13.5″ x 20″ x 25.4″ , rated power of 65W and its net weight is 32 lbs. (14.5kg).
- In this Ivation model 8, 12, 18 bottle and 18 bottle dual zone wine coolers also available.
Some customers impressed by its very easy to use programmable features and Light weight.
It had built in drawer for sliding out which make bottles even more accessible and perfect for all needs.
No customer complained about its durability, reliability and the functioning, all are happy with their purchase.
One user suggested not to use this one for outdoor purpose like garage.
Because of high temperatures in the garage, wine refrigerator has to struggle for keeping consistent temperature and it may lead to shortening of its life.
Some consumers had issues with display and sometimes got struck, after power restart it worked fine.
You may face some issues like some of long wine bottles will not fit and size of compartment is fixed.
You can store wine bottles of regular size, but if you want keep too long wine bottles door may not close properly. Overall it is a very nice product for the wine bottles that were able fit in it.
It is highly recommend those who are planning to buy wine cellar who wants to cool wine bottles of your favorite wines.
Wine Enthusiast -Top rated wine coolers
Click here to read detailed in-depth Wine Enthusiast wine cooler review.
Some important Specifications are given below:
- It is thermoelectric, energy-efficient, ETL approved and CFC-free.
- There are two zones: top one holds 8 bottles and bottom can store 10bottles.
- Top zone adjustable temperature range of 54-66°F and Bottom zone of 46-66°F.
- It can reach maximum ambient temperature of 77°F and freestanding model .
- Exterior digital touchscreen with temperature display and interior LED lighting.
- Reflective smoked-glass door with stainless steel trim and seven pull-out chrome shelves.
This is Silent 18 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Enthusiast slimline Wine fridge with Upright Storage.
Avanti – The best Wine refrigerator
Avanti EWC1201 Counter Top Wine Cooler can store 12 bottles of wine. Its key features include thermoelectric Cooling System with curved Glass Door. It fits any where in the house and easy to carry due to its light weight. Dimensions are 20.2 x 10 x 25.2 inches and weighs 27 pounds only. Read in-depth avanti wine cooler reviews here.
Cheap wine coolers
If you seriously concern about budget you can go for low capacity models like 6 bottle wine storage types which are available in Magic Chef and other brands.Check below inexpensive wine coolers listed below.
Magic Chef MCWC6B 6 Bottle wine cooler- cheap wine fridge
- It is the cheap wine refrigerator in the 6 bottle capacity.
Some important features include Sculpted chrome shelves with Quiet thermoelectric cooling ranging between 46ºF – 64ºF, Interior Light and Recessed Handle.These specifications make the Magic Chef MCWC6B the good wine cooler brand.That is the reason Magic Chef is the budget friendly 6 Bottle wine cooler.
Why do you need best wine fridge?
Basically wine coolers also called wine chillers or wine fridge or wine refrigerators or wine cellars. As Wine enthusiasts like to buy and store wine bottles in bulk. It is very much important to store wine at a specific temperatures ranging from 45-64 degrees based on red or white wines. This can be achieved with top rated wine fridge. If you like to drink home made wine then check article explaining preparing of beverage with wine making kits.
How to choose the right Wine Refrigerator in 2018?
There are certain factors to be kept in mind before selecting wine cellar in 2018.
What type of wine you drink?
If you are fan of both type of wines (red or white). Then this is the most important factor to be considered before buying wine cooler.
1. Single-zone or Dual-zone wine cooler
If you like to drink just red wine or just white wine then a single-zone wine cooler will be sufficient for you.
You have to know that different temperature ranges are to be maintained in the cooler for red wine and white wine.
If you drink both types of wine, then you might require cooler with two compartments i.e dual-zone cooler.
Even though you drink just one type of wine (red or white), we suggest you to go for a dual-compartment unit as it can be useful for storing wine and some times dessert wines.
You have to keep all wines at 55 degrees for few hours before being served. And also you have to let out wine from fridge and should keep the wine at room temperature to warm up.
Do you have habit of drinking on a regular basis (Ardent drinker)?
You have to decide based on your habit of whether you will drink daily, how many bottles you drink per week and how often you buy wine bottles.
2. Larger or smaller cooler?
Suppose you shop once in two weeks , buy more wine bottles at a time and like to drink every day then you have choose larger cooler model.
Because it involves stocking of all wine bottles which you have purchased in bulk.
Choose smaller cooler if you are not an ardent drinker and only stock limited number of wine bottles.
Go for large wine chiller if you give more parties to your friends at home. A wine chiller comes with a different range of prices, bottle capacities and dimensions.
You can differentiate wine cellar based on two things.
- Bottle capacity
- Size of the Wine chiller
There are number of wine refrigerator with different capacity. Some of them are 6, 8, 12, 16, 24 and 28 bottle wine coolers available in market.
Like bottle capacity, there are different sizes of wine cellars. Some of them are 12, 15, 18 and 24 inch wine coolers.
3.Your environmental conditions and protective features:
You have to consider environmental factors before purchasing a wine fridge. If you live in extremely hot and humid areas then some coolers could not keep wine cool for required temperature.
Because wine refrigerator has to cool to lower temperatures to maintain required temperature by managing up with external warm climate by few degrees. Then it is highly recommend to opt for wine chiller which has low temperature features.
If you place your cooler in ventilation nearby windows, wine may get damaged by UV radiation from sun light. Opt for model which has tinted doors, or layered glass or keep it in dark room.
Most wine chillers have LED lights inside the cooler to provide illumination without damaging rays.
If you want to go for built in wine cooler models (as it did not have ventilation), check for wine fridge to have carbon filters to safeguard bottles from kitchen odor.
4. Do you have Budget limitations?
Always this is one of the important factors to be considered before buying wine refrigerators.
Wine chillers are available from below $100 to above $1,000. You have to pick wine fridge based on your budget and drinking habits.
In general price of a wine cooler mainly depends on the size of the cooler, you can choose by balancing budget, size and features of fridge.
The high end expensive wine chillers will have more add on features like changeable hinges, better quality shelves and locking doors with much larger cooler size.
And also other protective features like odor control carbon filters and UV rays protection control.
Except size of the cooler, other things like UV rays protection and odour can be taken care by keeping in dark room away from kitchen.
5. Space for installation:
You should opt for stand-alone or built-in coolers based on your choice of use and convenience.
Built-In Coolers are bit costly because they do not require ventilation and do not occupy floor space in your home. If you want to put on counter then you need compact model and avoid wine cellar with ventilation at back side.
6.What type of cooling technology required?
There are two types of technologies used in wine chiller. They are compression and thermoelectric type. Read below the comparison of both type of cooling systems for wine.
Compression vs. thermoelectric technology
A compressor cooling technology is similar to refrigerator or air-conditioner.It uses Freon gas vapor compression cycle to remove heat.
Compressor wine chiller is required where outside temperatures in your environment is higher i.e above 35 degrees centigrade.By using this type of wine chillers, you will get more electricity bill.
But the advantage is it will keep cool inside the wine cellar cabinet irrespective of climatic variations.
A thermoelectric cooler uses Peltier effect in which heat will be removed from the internal cabinet of wine fridge.
These wine chillers are used only with moderate temperature climates. If thermoelectric wine chiller is used at higher temperatures, it has to struggle hard to keep needed temperature in interior wine cabinet.
But it is energy efficient technology and saves your electricity bill, finally your money.
7. Reviews and Warranty:
Read wine fridge review of each brand before buying them. Warranty is another significant factor to be considered. Most of the wine chillers are available with one year warranty.If you find any wine fridge with more warranty you can buy without any doubt.
The ideal wine chiller will have all above characteristics necessary for functioning perfectly.
Where to buy top rated wine refrigerators?
You can buy top wine cooler in online like amazon.com, walmart or offline market. Where ever you buy read reviews of wine refrigerator completely and make a decision.
We hope this post helped you for choosing the top wine coolers in 2018. Consider buying affordable wine cellars with 6 bottle capacity, if you have budget constraint. Please Check Amazon top selling wine cellars to see more options from all wine fridge brands available in market.
If you are beer lover, click here to check very important article of A to Z guide about kegerators.